Paris: Opera Garnier Entry Ticket
Discover an architectural masterpiece in the heart of Paris
Marvel at the ceiling painted by Chagall and the 7 ton chandelier in the auditorium
Climb the double stairway of the Grand Escalier and marvel at the splendid paintings and sculptures
Walk in the Grand Foyer and discover why Opera Garnier is considered as the most beautiful Opera in the world
Boasting an eclectic and ostentatious Baroque design, the Opera Garnier is one of the most extravagant representations of Second Empire architecture in France. Benefit from quick and easy access to this magnificent building in the center of Paris.
Inaugurated in 1875 and named after its exciting young architect, Charles Garnier, it is the largest opera house in Europe. You will set eyes on the writhing snakes of the bronze “Pythonisse” sculpture, before climbing the double stairway of the “Grand Escalier” (Main Staircase). Imagine the swish of crinolines as you admire the breathtaking décor and stroll through vast foyers, filled with sparkling mosaics, colorful marble columns and gold-leaf flourishes. Everywhere you look will be a feast for the eyes.
You will receive your digital ticket directly after your booking, just show it at the Opera visit entrance to enjoy your visit.
Good to know
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Face mask or protective covering
- Baby strollers
Know before you go
- Please note that the Opera concert room can be closed for a temporary time due to technical or artistic reasons
- The Opera Garnier is open to visitors from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM (last entry at 4:15 PM). Times of visit can be modified when there is a theater show in the afternoon; from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Please note that the visit is free of charge for children under 12 years of age
- Your ticket is valid 1 year after the purchase date
- Cloakrooms are closed. It is not allowed to enter with a pushchair, a scooter, or any kind of large luggage
- Admission to the public areas, including the Library-Museum of the Opera (Bibliotheque Nationale de France), La Rotonde des abonnées and the Pythia basin, the grand staircase, Le grand foyer and l'avant-foyer, the moon and sun salons, and La rothonde du glacier and its tapestries are included in the ticket price